Boil & Bite Guide:
- Use fresh water from a freshly boiled kettle and pour the water into a mug or bowl.
- Place the mouthguard directly into the water and leave for a few minutes, this will enable the mouthguard to soften and the water to cool slightly.
- After a short time, take the mouthguard out using tongs or cutlery (as the water will still be hot!).
- Carefully place the mouthguard in your mouth on your upper teeth. Remember to take care as the mouthguard may be hot.
- You now need to mould the mouthguard to your teeth. To do this, press the top lip around the mouthguard to mould it to your teeth and gradually bite down bringing both your upper and lower teeth together.
- Tip: Sucking your thumb can also help mould it.
- Tip: It may also help to drink a hot drink (i.e. a cup of tea or similar) beforehand so the hot mouthguard is less of a shock to the teeth and gums.